Our vision is to empower a sustainable sports culture and create world-class sports infrastructure in the State of Tamilnadu.
To promote and encourage quality participation and performance by Tamilnadu sports persons at national and international events through recognition, quality training, support schemes, and world-class infrastructure.
The main objectives of the Sports Development Authority of Tamil Nadu are as follows:-
- To promote and develop sports activities and to formulate and implement plans for the promotion of sports and improvement of standards of sports and games in the State.
- To implement the existing schemes for the promotion of sports and games and for improvement of standards in sports and games in the state.
- To identify talented sportspersons, to train them and to render suitable financial assistance so as to enable them to participate successfully in National and International sports competitions.
- To give various incentives and awards to eminent sportspersons so as to motivate them to attain higher levels of achievement.
- To plan and develop sports infrastructure at various levels in the State.
- To initiate, undertake, sponsor, stimulate and encourage research and development of sports related medicines, bio-chemics, psychology and other allied sciences.
- To recognize special needs of the differently-abled persons and to facilitate their participation in sports and games.
- To take steps to encourage adventure sports in the State.
- To establish, run, manage and administer sports and games institutions existing or new, and to perform the activities and functions of such institutions wholly or partially.
- To provide for advance coaching in various games and sports.
- To promote physical fitness and to inculcate sports and health consciousness amongst the masses for regular participation in games and sports and to make the State healthy and strong.